Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What is Love?

Fistula

What is violence and how do we stop it? This post will take an unusual emotional stray from the factual posting I have previously done, simply because my heart is so captivated to facilitate in this movement. I find that love is the first and foremost prominent answer to this question. I find that there are many things that I struggle with but loving people is rarely one of them. I love to love, it is what I wake up excited about every morning and what I dream about every night. My aspirations are to love the women of Africa, an area where much of the love that has been needed for years is absent. I hope that in exchange for love others themselves will love and the movement will expand ultimately replacing the violent world in which the people of Africa live. World peace is often something defined as the common foresight of society but not everyone is accustomed to peace, many even still are not accustomed to love. However, love is one of those things that you can just feel and know that it is ever present.

I implore you as an individual to learn what your love language is and express it. Love without holding back and let the passion in your heart burst forth to the expanse of humanity. Before this gets too mushy I'll leave you with the song of the day and bid you adieu.

Live in love,

LAW

3 comments:

  1. Really inspiring:) love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is like exercise, sometimes it's hard to humble yourself in such a way. But, in my experience, I have found that what I receive when I become willing is worth the effort.

    For Lent, I have tried each day to do something nice for someone rather than giving something up. This has been somewhat hard for me because it requires that I become aware and responsive to the needs of others. It is relatively easy for me to write a check for a cause, but the sacrifice of not flipping the radio station while driving is a little harder and requires more effort. I am resolved to do better. I love you Leigh Anne!

    ReplyDelete